All our lighters are shipped empty for security reasons. To refill your lighter, please read and use the following instructions carefully:
1. Do not refill your lighter immediately after using it. You should allow enough time for the lighter to cool off.
2. The flame height adjuster on the bottom of the lighter should be set to minimum by turning CLOCKWISE with a small screw driver. The smaller, usually Phillips head, screw is for dismantling the lighter and should not be touched. The adjusting screw is a larger brass screw with a standard (slot) head. Some lighters come with a key to turn the adjusting screw. Some models have an adjusting wheel that requires no screwdriver. Please DO NOT FORCE the adjusting screw. If it is hard to turn in one direction this most likely means that the adjustment screw is already at the (-) or (+) limit. Try turning the other direction.
3. Push the refilling valve with a screwdriver to let out the air inside until no hissing sound is heard. Hold the lighter away from your face. Air inside the fuel tank prevents butane gas from being injected into the tank and causes the lighter to malfunction.
4. ALWAYS refill the lighter in an upside down position to avoid injecting air into the lighter.
5. Shake the butane gas refill can, press the stem of the refill can directly onto the refill valve on the bottom of the lighter. Keep them in a straight position and let the gas go into the lighter for about 5 seconds. Repeat for a shorter period if needed.
6. Allow 3-4 minutes to let gas and lighter components reach room temperature.
7. Turn the flame adjuster counter clockwise to reach the desired flame height.
8. Hold the lighter away from your face and body and ignite it carefully. If there is no flame, repeat the refilling process.
9. If you experience gas leakage with a hissing sound while refilling the lighter, either you are not holding the lighter and gas can in a straight position or the stem of the gas can is not suitable for the lighter. In this case you need to use an adaptor which is usually supplied with the gas can.
10. Premium butane is required to ensure optimum performance of your lighter. Lighters require the cleanest butane available at a pressure of 45 psi. Recommended premium butane brands (Colibri, Nibo, Prometheus, any triple refined butane) are packaged in 10-13 oz. cans with a metal fill tip nozzle. Non-premium butane (Clipper, Ronson, Sun) and brands with plastic fill tip nozzles are not recommended as they may cause inconsistent ignition and performance. Impurity of the gas can cause clogging of the burner valve or malfunctioning. Refill cans are available online, at your local tobacco shop or grocery store.
WARNING: PLEASE, ALWAYS KEEP YOUR LIGHTER AWAY FROM THE REACH OF CHILDREN. USE COMMON SENSE IN HANDLING YOUR LIGHTER.
Troubleshooting: If you are having problems with your lighter, make sure that:
- You are holding the lighter upside down while refilling. If you did not hold the lighter upside down, there will be air inside the butane tank. You will need to let the air out and try refilling again.
- The flame height is properly adjusted.
- You are not using cheap or incorrect fuel.
- There is no dirt or debris in the lighter. Try blowing forcefully into the top part of the unlit lighter.
Watch Our Cigar Turorial Videos Below